Online trading has become a popular option for those who want to invest their capital in stocks and securities without too much hassle. Today, even first-time traders can easily open a trading account and learn the basics required for online investing and trading. In India, investors can choose from different stock exchange companies for their trading needs. One of the best choices for investment business is the old Bombay Stock Exchange or BSE. It is well-known among investors due to its modern service and reliable reputation.
No person can directly trade on a stock exchange, though. If you want to engage in the online stock trading business, you need to have an account with a broker first before being able to embark on a trading journey. There are several reputable brokerage firms where you can open an account. One of these is Kotak Mahindra Bank in India.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank is a banking and financial institution based in India. Launched in 1985, it has grown from a simple banking institution into one of India’s most trusted financial conglomerates. At present, Kotak India offers various banking products and financial services to both retail and corporate customers. Its products and services range from life insurance, personal finance, and wealth management.
It has even ventured into investment banking, where it offers other businesses assistance in raising capital for their ventures by underwriting. It also acts as a brokerage company or an agent for clients who need assistance in equity securities and debt issuance. Furthermore, it aids corporations who are engaged in mergers and acquisitions.
Other services provided also include:
- Derivatives and equity securities trading.
- Market making, where it quotes both buy and sell prices in tradable assets held in inventory.
- Fixed income instruments, currencies, and commodities (FICC) services.
Kotak Mahindra Bank is only one of several companies under the Mahindra Group. Other companies, subsidiaries, and associates include:
- Kotak Mahindra Prime;
- Kotak Mahindra Capital;
- Kotak Investment Advisors Limited;
- Kotak Securities;
- Kotak AMC;
- Kotak Capital Company;
- Kotak Mahindra Investments;
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance;
- Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance.
Opening a Kotak Mahindra Bank account may be done through the mobile banking app, which is called Kotak 811. You will have to download the bank APK from Google Play or App Store to use this app.
Note that Kotak 811 can only be used to open and manage a new savings account. It cannot be used to participate in stock trading and investing in Kotak mutual funds online. A savings account with Kotak 811 does not require you to maintain a balance. Also, only residents of India can open this account.
Kotak Mahindra Bank customer care
Kotak Mahindra Bank in India values its clients. It provides high-level customer care services that are at par with the world’s largest and best banking and financial institutions. Suppose you have any concerns or questions about account opening, asset fund, fund investment, Kotak life insurance, credit cards, home loans, etc. In that case, you can contact Kotak Bank customer care via a toll-free number.
You can also visit the Kotak Mahindra website and talk to Keya, its chatbot. The official website also has a Help Center where you can quickly get answers to common or frequently asked questions. Before calling any customer support number, visit www.kotak.com to see if your issue is described.
Kotak Mahindra Bank stocks
The Kotak Mahindra Bank share price can fluctuate like any other share price in the stock market. For instance, shares of Kotak Mahindra Bank fell to -41 or 2.21% on May 30, 2022.
However, a downward trend does not mean that you should no longer invest in Kotak Mahindra Bank shares or engage in Kotak commodity trading. Most investors buy stocks when they are hitting a downward trend. They then hold them until their prices rise again and become ripe for selling.
About Kotak Securities for trading
Kotak Mahindra is not just a listed company in the stock exchange market. It also has a full-service stock brokerage company where investors can buy and sell stocks of other companies, such as Cintas Corp (CIT), SPDR S&P Insurance ETF KIE, and more. The company is called Kotak Securities, a business that is part of the Kotak Group and a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
If you wish to invest in mutual funds, commodities, equities, derivatives, currencies, and many more may use Kotak’s online trading platforms. To date, Kotak Securities offers a wide range of online stock trading software that allows you to engage in different share trading activities anywhere.
The different versions of Kotak online platforms and tools include the following:
- KEAT Pro X is a desktop trading terminal.
- Stock Trader is a Kotak partner portal for mobile users.
- Smallcase is a tool designed to help investors come up with investment decisions without the hassles of research.
- Xtralite is the Kotak online trading platform for those with prolonged internet signals.
- Kotak Securities website for those who prefer to use a web-based trading platform.
- Kotak Securities Fastlane is designed for investors and traders whose computers are old and slow.
- Kotak WhatsApp trading app.
Kotak also offers online share trading tools, such as TradeSmart Insights, TradeSmart Derivatives, and TradeSmart Trends. These tools can also record every transaction, including the time of logging in to the app, trading charges, and many more.
If you need to invest and trade with Kotak, please open a Demat account first. However, be aware of Kotak’s online trading brokerage charges for every successful trading transaction.
Note! If you’re having trouble signing in, Support can help you force sign in.
How to invest in Kotak Mutual Fund online?
Investing in Kotak mutual funds can provide a capital appreciation in long term. Investing in Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund has several benefits, including the following:
- Low trading costs.
- Diversifies portfolio.
- Gives investors access to expert money administrators.
- Simplifies portfolio administration.
How can I invest in Kotak MF online? This question is common among those who are not yet familiar with mutual funds and how they work. For beginners, here are the steps on how to invest in mutual funds:
- The first thing to do is to open a Net Banking account. Just follow the instructions for registration and you will be good to go.
- Once you already have a net banking account, use your client ID to log in and look for the Investment tab.
- Go to the purchase option.
- Select the right category, i.e., debt or equity.
- Purchase the mutual fund.
You can use the mobile banking app to invest in mutual funds online. If you find it difficult to buy or invest in mutual funds using a mobile device, you can visit the nearest brand store, such as Kotak Mahindra Bank Tirupur branch, and ask for assistance.
Mutual fund investments can grow over time, and you can put in capital monthly through Kotak SIP or Systematic Investment Plan. In this arrangement, you can participate in trading without hassle as a manager will handle your investment on your behalf. Investing in SIP requires low requirements, and you can always participate in trading as you see fit without worrying about negative market movements.
Note! You can use the mobile banking app to buy and redeem the MF online. For redemption transactions, you only need to follow steps 1 to 2 and click the redemption option.
Kotak’s online investment opportunities
Investments with Kotak can get reasonable passive income for investors. Especially with the Kotak Tax Saver fund can enjoy capital gains from a diversified equities and equity-related securities portfolio.
Here are some of the investment opportunities and schemes worth checking out:
- Kotak Ace Investment Plan. It is a unit-linked life insurance plan (ULLIP) that provides the following benefits: death benefit, maturity benefit, and income tax benefit.
- Kotak Multicap Fund. It invests in the right mix of large, mid, and small-cap stocks that work together to create the best opportunities for your income. When investing in Kotak Standard Multicap Fund, you can choose from Direct or Regular plans to increase the growth of your investments.
- Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund. This Kotak classic equity fund gives you the opportunity to capitalize on the right mix of large and mid-cap stocks.
- Kotak Nifty ETF. A type of mutual fund wherein the money is invested in big corporations.
- Kotak Equity Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS). It is a mutual fund scheme where funds are invested in stocks. It helps to save on taxes. You can open an online services account and then fund your account via SIP or in a lump sum.
- Kotak Fixed Deposit (FD). It offers investors higher interest rates and a 7 to 10 years maturity period.
- Kotak Savings Fund. It is an open-ended ultra-short term debt scheme with moderate credit and interest rate risks.
- Kotak Public Provident Fund (PPF). Investing in PPF helps investors to save on taxes while at the same earning high returns.
These are just some of the features that Kotak offers. Сlick here to learn more about Kotak Select Focus Fund, Kotak Smallcap Fund, and other funds. You can also learn more about SIP online investment there.
Note! Kotak Mahindra Bank has several positive reviews on Glassdoor, which means that it is trusted by many.
You should know that the stock market is highly volatile and that stock prices could change in just the blink of an eye. Kotak Mahindra Bank stock prices are no exception. So, invest online after studying the market situation.