- Brief history of Motilal Oswal Financial Services
- Are Motilal Oswal apps good for trading and free?
- Features of MO Investor and MO Trader Apps
- Share Market Demat MO Investor App
- MO Trader: Share Market Trading App for NSE & BSE
- Are Motilal Oswal Investor and Trader apps free?
- How to download Motilal Oswal apps?
- How to log in to the Motilal Oswal app?
- How to use Motilal Oswal apps?
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Advantages of apps:
- Disadvantages of apps:
Motilal Oswal Ltd has two universal apps: MO Trader and MO Investor. This article encompasses a brief history of the MOSL journey in providing financial services, including an overview of apps, highlighting their key features, articulating the benefits of opening a Demat account for online trading, downloading and using software, and their advantages and disadvantages.
Brief history of Motilal Oswal Financial Services
An era of investment was marked by the entry of MOSL which was founded in the year 1987 by Mr. Motilal Oswal as a sub-broking firm. Motilal Oswal today, is a well renowned financial brand, holding top awards in the field of finance and the stock market. The company became a part of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) just three years of its inception.
Digital media is the key to success behind investment today, with every common man having access to direct investment. Keeping digital marketing in mind Motilal Oswal launched, the MO Investor app and the MO Trader app in 2015 and 2017 respectively. The company offers a wide range of services such as wealth management, commodity broking, portfolio management, broking and distribution, institutional equities, private equity, and investment banking services. Both Motilal Oswal apps are designed for different investment categories.
These are the most trusted mobile apps, and they strive to offer their users the latest and most secure online investing and trading services in the market. By amalgamating future-innovative technology & AI-machined algorithms, MO Investor and MO Trader applications have become the best choice for investment and trading among Indian users.
Note! The company’s top priority is the security of the accounts and hence constantly monitors and updates these high-speed user-friendly apps.
Are Motilal Oswal apps good for trading and free?
Motilal Oswal is one of India’s most trusted trading and investment firms and has been performing flawlessly for the past three decades. These online trading and investment apps from Motilal Oswal continue the legacy and are trusted and used by over 20 lakhs users. They have been developed by experts to help individuals trade seamlessly. These online trading mobile and desktop apps are available for PC, Android, and iOS users, providing investment opportunities to users worldwide.
Motilal Oswal is a SEBI registered stockbroker and has membership with BSE, NSE, MCX, and NCDEX. Being an authorised broker, SEBI and stock exchanges keep a vigil over the company’s conduct and audit, thus providing extra safety to the investors and traders.
Note! The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is an important regulator of the stock market.
Features of MO Investor and MO Trader Apps
Motilal Oswal’s online trading software has enabled everyone to learn how to trade and invest in the stock market. Both applications have been created to meet specific user requirements. The main features of these applications are listed below.
Share Market Demat MO Investor App
This was the first app launched by Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd. It allows users to carry out all kinds of investments across share markets, stock trading, mutual funds, Insurance, F&O, NSE, and BSE.
The key features of this app are:
- Activation Process. It is quite simple and quick. It is built on the latest software for online trading.
- Trading. Easy to buy & sell stocks/equity online.
- Real-time stock price monitoring.
- Stock price alerts are provided regularly.
- 1-click stock trading.
- Access to advisors. Free access to a competent and expert team of financial advisors.
- 1-click investment in Mutual Funds & SIP, as per your wish.
- Investment Options. It offers a wide range of choices for investments in equity, stocks, derivatives, indices, commodities, currency, IPO, mutual funds & insurance.
The Motilal Oswal Investor app can be used for all kinds of investments by both beginners as well as experienced traders.
MO Trader: Share Market Trading App for NSE & BSE
MO Trader app was launched in 2017, specifically for trading in BSE & NSE. The Motilal Oswal online trading app offers the following features to its over 10 lakhs users in India:
- Stock Alerts. Set and manage stock alerts and add stocks to your personalised watchlist.
- Market screeners. Allows market screeners to pick trending stocks from select categories.
- Single view dashboard. The share trading app with a single-view dashboard shows the net positions, available limits, and live orders.
- Notifications. The application has a system of sending notifications for pending orders or open positions and creates price alerts based on your pre-defined conditions.
- Advanced charting tools. This intraday trading app offers advanced charting tools to help in dynamic OHLC (open, high, low, close) analysis.
- Trading strategies. The app contains basic and advanced trading strategies to learn and use.
- Futures & Options Analytics to identify speculation or hedging advantages.
- Slice and modify your big order quantity at another slice price.
- Squaring off open positions with a swift, single-click option in this intraday trading app.
This Motilal Oswal trading app allows users to carry out trading in Forex, Commodity, F&O, and Stock Trading.
Are Motilal Oswal Investor and Trader apps free?
Yes, they are available to all users for free. Both apps offer an easy-to-operate free Demat account and zero Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) to their 20 lakhs plus users across the globe. They offer rewarding investment ideas to resume more reliable, updated, and fast online trading. Complete your KYC and start trading online with Motilal Oswal mobile or desktop apps within minutes!
What are the fees for using the applications:
- Trading account opening charges (One Time) – ₹0;
- Demat account opening charges (One Time) – ₹0;
- Demat account AMC (Yearly Fee) – ₹0 (from second year onwards ₹400);
- Trading Annual Maintenance Charges (Yearly Fee) – ₹0;
- Registering in the mobile/desktop app – ₹0.
Brokerage charges, however, will apply based on the plan and the amount being invested.
Note! Check the latest policies before initiating online trading and investment through the apps as their policies are updated and changed from time to time.
How to download Motilal Oswal apps?
Motilal Oswal apps are available for Android and iOS operating systems, and the installation process will take only a few minutes. All you need to do is to download the apps following the given steps:
- Go to the Google Play store from your Android smartphone or Apple Store from your iOS device, and find the MO Investor app or the MO Trader app(as per your requirement).
- Then click on the “Install” button and wait for the application to download to your device.
Follow these steps and start online trading with MO Investor or MO Trader apps.
How to log in to the Motilal Oswal app?
After downloading, you must log in to the Motilal Oswal app and open Demat or Trading accounts. To do this online, you need to prepare certain documents for uploading. The process is smooth and without any physical paperwork.
Follow these simple steps to set up the application:
- Provide your phone number when prompted by the app.
- Once you receive the OTP, enter it and your email address.
- After confirming your phone number, you will be directed to another screen. You need to provide your PAN card, Aadhaar card, account number, IFSC code, photo, and digital signature.
- You also need to provide the OTP shared on your email to verify your email address.
- Once the verification process is over, provide your personal information, including your name, age, etc.
Additional Terms and Conditions for opening Demat or Trading accounts are published on www.motilaloswal.com.
Note! If you want to place orders for intraday trading and F&O options or get access to a wide range of investment solutions in the stock market, you must provide your 6 months bank statement.
How to use Motilal Oswal apps?
Once you have downloaded and logged into the Motilal Oswal app as described above, you just need to log in with your mobile number/email address/customer code and your password.
Using the application is simple and fast. Create your profile and start investing with financial markets demo videos specially designed for beginners and experienced investors. MOSL mobile and desktop apps offer a variety of facilities and uses. The following are the facilities provided by these apps:
- Demat or Trading accounts for easy trading and investment.
- Live rates of Indian and International stock markets can be checked online.
- Intelligent Advisory Portfolios can be used with the facility of a robotic-managed investment process, real-time and 24×7 tracking. It even allows independent decisions.
- Invest as per your knowledge about the market or trade with the support and advice of highly trained professionals in online trading.
- Stop and resume trading and investment as per your plan and risk assessment. Viewers can keep learning until they feel confident to invest and trade.
Motilal Oswal apps are among the leading in the country. Clients receive a wide range of benefits and opportunities using them.
Advantages and disadvantages
The company with its MO Investor and MO Trader apps has ensured the availability of investment and trading platforms for small and big investors and traders. Consider what advantages and disadvantages they have.
Advantages of apps:
- Protection of documents from damage, loss, and theft. You and your data are protected from fraud, forgery, and impersonation.
- Serve as a one-stop financial store, facilitating trading across all Indian exchanges. They allow investment in Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS), Unit Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs), Commodities, and Futures & Options (F&O).
- Available for mobile phones and desktops using powerful, fast, and secure technology.
- Dedicated advisory support.
- Solid research and advice factored with award-winning recommendations from a well-experienced team and customized, actionable strategies to suit investment styles and the risk appetite of investors and traders.
Disadvantages of apps:
- Some prior technical knowledge is required to handle and execute trading and investing.
- No personal connection with brokers is feasible other than advisors through mail or phone.
- An updated mobile phone version is required to support the app for smooth and hassle-free trading.
- Approximately ₹20 is charged for every online transaction.
These apps are akin to any other investment and trading platforms available in the world market today, and thus certain common drawbacks do exist. Though, their experienced and well-trained team tries to overcome all the hurdles through regular app updates and making their use easy, secure, and swift.
The regularly updated Motilal Oswal apps are driven by technology and supported by the latest AI software to give its users easy, fast, and safe investment and trading platforms. The demo videos on these apps help even experienced traders invest and trade.
Beware, investment and trading are subject to market risks. You must read the offer documents and conduct risk assessments before trading and investing.