The advent of the Internet has changed the way people trade securities and stocks. Many years ago, people had to turn to a broker for help deciding whether to invest in stocks. These days, they only need to have a stable internet connection and use a reliable online share trading platform to make informed decisions about their investments.
One trading platform worth checking out if you are into stocks and securities trading in New Delhi or anywhere in India is the TradeSmart Terminal from Kotak Securities. It is an advanced trading terminal that gives users an edge in online trading. In this Kotak Securities review, we’ll discuss its services and products, pros and cons, and how to trade on the platform.
What is Kotak Securities?
Kotak Securities Limited is a full-service stock brokerage company based in India. A subsidiary of the renowned Indian financial and banking institution Kotak Mahindra Bank, the company offers several types of investments, including mutual funds, online IPO, bonds, and many other fixed-income instruments. It also provides trading services in the retail arena, including derivatives, commodities, equities, and many more.
Kotak Securities Ltd has several branches across India: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Burdwan, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Madurai, Nagpur, Nellore, Pune, Rajkot, Thane, Vadodara, etc. Overall, Kotak Securities has over a thousand branches in India. All of these branches may use the same logo for their business.
If you are wondering if there is a Kotak Securities branch in your area, you can search the web or visit its official website https://www.kotaksecurities.com. Open the main page and search for “Kotak Securities near me”. You can also use its branch locator to quickly find a branch near you.
Kotak Securities Customer Service is available weekdays from 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM. You can contact them toll-free at 18002099191 for Indian clients with any questions regarding its services and products. If you are an NRI client, you can contact Kotak Securities customer care number 08045858307.
18002099191 is also the Kotak Securities Call and Trade number. You can contact if you have problems or questions regarding Equity and Derivatives segment trades.
Note! Call & Trade is a service by Kotak Securities provides customers with a facility to trade over the phone.
Kotak Securities products & services
The product and service offerings of Kotak Securities are vast and varied. These include:
- Mutual funds;
- Initial Public Offerings (IPO);
- Gold funds;
- Currency derivatives;
- Interest rate futures (IRF);
- Stock Lending and Borrowing (SLB);
- Tax-free bonds.
Kotak Securities also offers free intraday trading with Zero brokerage. This offer is designed for online clients who opt to go for intraday trades across Futures & Options, Cash, Currency & Commodity for free. Log in to Kotak Securities to take advantage of all these benefits!
Kotak Securities account types
When you open an account on their site, you can choose from the following types:
- Demat account. With this account, you can store secutries in electronic format. You need this type of account if you plan to trade stocks or commodities on any of India’s stock exchanges.
- 2-in-1 account. You can have both a Demat account and a Share Trading account rolled into one. A 2-in-1 account has several benefits, including linking your third-party Savings account into your Kotak Securities 2-in-1 account and trading in the stock market.
- Trinity account. A 3-in-1 account includes a Bank, Demat, and Online Trading accounts in one. You no longer need to juggle multiple Kotak Securities partners for each account. With a Trinity account, you will get a bank account with Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Trading and Demat accounts with Kotak Securities.
- NRI account. It is an account type offered to investors living outside of India. With this account, foreigners can have Demat, Trading, and Savings accounts all in one. This account gives you access to the Indian stock markets to buy stocks, F&O, allows you to transfer funds between accounts and conduct research, and more.
- Foreign Investors QFI. SEBI has introduced FPI (Foreign Portfolio Investors) to encourage foreign investment in Indian markets. It is a new class that merged existing classes of foreign investors and their sub-accounts, Qualified Foreign investors. This way is best for those who want to invest in the Indian stock market but who are not of Indian nationality or not living in India.
- Private Client Group (PCG). It is an offer designed to serve the unique needs of High Net Worth Individuals having an investment portfolio of 25 Lakhs and above. Kotak Securities offers portfolio management services in one place: Equity, Structured Product, Insurance, Debt, Alternate Product, and Retail Assets. This type of account is best for those who want an expert to manage their portfolio and investments. Experts can act as a trading guide for investors, helping them better understand the trading market.
You can choose the appropriate Kotak Securities account type to enter the Indian share trading market. You can also choose from four plans in Kotak Securities: No Brokerage, Dealer Assisted, Trade Free and Trade Free Max.
Note! Remember that opening an account no fee but Kotak Securities subscription usually costs ₹499. Also, some plans include trading charges.
How to trade with Kotak Securities?
Trading with Kotak Securities can be done by following these steps:
- Go to the page for opening a Trading account with Kotak Securities..
- Input your Full name.
- Click Open an Account Now.
- Wait for a customer representative to contact you.
After registering with Kotak Securities, you will need to activate your account. You will get all account-related information to your email ID. The account activation process in Kotak Securities will take 10-15 minutes.
The client representative may require you to provide documents such as a passport size photo, bank account details, self-attested PAN and Aadhaar copies. These documents are recommended to have ready.
Note! You can see the process of activating your Kotak Securities account in the video.
TradeSmart Terminal is Kotak Securities’ online trading platform. It includes all tools you’ll need to trade in the stock market. It also allows you to get regular alerts on the latest trends in the current market, stock patterns and technical events.
The TradeSmart Terminal comes loaded with features to up your trading:
- Watchlists and Sentiment and price heatmap;
- Advanced charting;
- Future rollover data;
- Option chain;
- Integrated market depth in the order form, etc.
TradeSmart Terminal also provides an analysis of the past performance of stocks, allowing you to think about the best intraday and other trading strategies. In addition, technical research & analysis of the share market enables you to study Price and Volume Trends (PVT), see the top gainers and losers, and others. So, you can use this portal to decide whether you should keep shares or sell them for profit.
Kotak Securities pros and cons
Kotak Securities brokerage company is listed in both of the largest stock exchanges in India. It offers the following advantages:
- You can put all your investment portfolio in just one account. With their 3-in-1 account, you can easily have Savings, Demat, and Trading accounts all in one.
- Has its own Depository Participants (DP) with the Central Depository Service Limited (CDSL) and the National Securities Depository Limited (NDSL).
- The seamless transfer of funds between your Trading and Savings accounts means you no longer need to manually transfer funds to start trading.
- Provides various handy apps for investing and trading, meaning only one thing – Kotak Security cares about the quality of its services and customer reviews.
- Provides a leverage tool to help investors get in a better position in their stock transactions.
- Has an excellent manual or FAQ for using Kotak Securities (about problems with registration, types of accounts, etc.).
- Allows download of tax profit and loss reports in PDF form.
- Account activation in Kotak Securities can be done remotely online.
No company is perfect, so Kotak Securities’ shortcomings are expected. One of them is Kotak Securities’ high online trading brokerage charges. They may depend on your choice of brokerage plan.
Kotak Securities Limited has over 25 years of experience in the stock brokerage business. It has a strong presence, with branches in almost all parts of India. It can be considered one of the most reliable in stock trading. Kotak Securities share the same benefits enjoyed by its subsidiaries, so the fact that it is a part of the Kotak Mahindra Group is enough to decide whether it is safe to invest and trade with it. Kotak Securities may also be best for small case investing.